Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

'MY WIFE GRABS MY MANHOOD EVERY TIME WE FIGHT'

A 47-year-old bus driver, Wahab Adeshina, has pleaded with the Agege Customary Court to dissolve his union with his wife, Mrs. Funmilayo Adeshina.
The couple has been living together for 21 years and blessed with four children.
Adeshina’s claims in court were that his wife was irresponsible, not caring and always fighting.
But the wife denied her husband’s claims, stating that she wasn’t ready to divorce him because of their children, who were also present in court.
Funmilayo told the court that she married her husband 21 years ago because of the love she had for him.
She said when she wanted to marry him, her parents were against it because she is a Tapa woman while her husband is an Egba man.
She said her people’s perception about the Egba people was bad, but she went beyond all that and married him.
She said both of them were not communicating with each other and because of that, her husband moved the family from their former house in Ajegunle to Agege without her consent.
She said after the movement, he left them in the house for days and was sleeping in his shop in Ajegunle.
She told the court that her husband neither cared for her nor for the children.
She said she was responsible for the upkeep of the four children, selling cold drinks at first in motor parks, but when the business became less profitable, she ventured into four other businesses that didn’t do well as well and she ended up working with bricklayers.
“From January till now, my husband has not spoken to me. He has been avoiding me and he has stopped eating my food.
“I was sick with ulcer and my husband gave me N1,000 to cure myself. When my condition got worse, I was taken to my sister’s place in Abuja for proper treatment.
“I was there for two months and for those two months, my husband never called to check on me or even come to see me,” she said.
But Adeshina said he had been enduring his wife since the birth of their second child because she had been accusing him of adultery for long.
He said his wife fights a lot, that there was a time she fought with the landlord’s children and they asked them to pack out of the house in Ajegunle.
He said he slept in his shop for many nights because he wasn’t making enough money from the driving and conductor business he was doing in Apapa; so, he had to move to Ajegunle, where he was making more money.
Adeshina told the court that his wife’s business never worked out because she spent all her money on clothes and shoes, that he had been the one responsible for his children’s upkeep.
“My wife is so troublesome to the extent that we fight every time; and anytime we fought, she would grab my penis and balls. The last time she did it, I gave her a blow and she fainted. When I got tired of all her troubles, I decided to bring her to court,” he said.
He also added that if his wife was going to leave him, she must leave two of their children and take the other two.
The court president, Mr. Emmanuel Sokunle, advised the couple to think about their actions before taking a decision.
He asked them to establish good communication with each other and see if there could still be room for reconciliation.
He reasoned that their fight was that of love. He later adjourned the case till July 1, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment